Styling Vintage T-Shirts
Nothing is cooler than a comfortable, casual vintage t-shirt, that is both understated, and a statement at the same time! You can spot vintage t-shirts trending on everyone from celebrities to the street style elite. (See out Fall Trends Pinterest here) Keep scrolling down, and I’ll lay out some easy tips for styling a vintage t-shirts that will keep your look fresh, with a cool girl edge.
6 Tips for Styling a Vintage T-Shirts
Styling a Vintage tee is all about proportions. Choose a roomy one over a tight fit. Wear with opposites that make sense, I like to mix in with high/low pieces.
In my outfit above, I chose a classic Levi vintage t-shirt, with Levi’s 721 skinny jeans. The black bomber added another layer to the look, and a Chanel boy bag,(similar look here) adds the high-end! The loafers I chose are my new favorite loafers by Derek Lam. They are insane and I had to have them when I saw them! They give the perfect “borrowed from the boys” look I was going for! (See that post here) Keeping all the accessories black added an edgy feel to this muted pallet of grey and light denim.
- Pairing with old-school trainers, such as Adidas, Vans or Converse will give you a true 90’s throwback look, but you can dress it up with heels for a super hot vibe as well.
- Tuck the t-shirt into a suede or black leather skirt and over the knee boots to get a day or night vibe depending on heel choice. Finish with on-trend sunglasses and edgy jewelry.
- Tie a side knot in your tee and wear with cutoffs, strappy sandals, and a backpack for a effortless look.
- Add polish to the tee by layering a tailored blazer over, with skinny jeans. Pair with sneakers for day, and heels for date night.
- Wear all black for a true concert going look with studded boots and a leather jacket.
- Tuck it into a high wasted, pleated skirt with metallic heels and a trendy clutch.
Choosing the right vintage t-shirt will transform your outfit. If you don’t have one in the bottom of your drawer from years past, look for them on Ebay, Etsy and vintage stores on the internet. Have fun with it, and work the vintage t-shirt (like the Dr. Pepper one!) into your existing wardrobe rotation!
Thank you for reading! What your favorite way to wear a vintage t-shirt?